Ask The Experts + FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Overcoming The Challenges of Diagnosing PPP
Navigating Expectations With Your Neurologist
Wrongly diagnosed with a psychosomatic condition
What is Permanent Muscle Weakness?
What is Primary Periodic Paralysis?
What is Secondary Periodic Paralysis?
The Overlap of HyperPP and PMC
Other Conditions Commonly Misdiagnosed as PP
ClinVar - Gene Database
Ask The Experts DISCLAIMER
You were routed to this page because you must first accept the following disclaimer before viewing the content you were attempting to access. Once you have accepted this disclaimer you will be automatically forwarded.
“Ask The Experts” is a forum through which individuals may pose questions to the PPA Medical Advisory Board.
Answers to these questions are for informational purposes only and do not constitute medical advice nor should they be acted upon without consultation of an individual’s treating physician. The PPA archives Ask The Experts questions, and from time to time answers and associated email trials.
While we attempt to maintain privacy of the questions and of the submitter, we cannot guarantee privacy. Specifically, questions and identifying submitter information posed to Ask the Experts are emailed to one or another Medical Advisor of the PPA’s choosing. The PPA does not restrict its Medical Advisors in how such emails are handled. The submitter agrees to hold harmless the PPA, the PPA Board, and the PPA Medical Advisors from any injury resulting from PPA Ask the Expert replies or information.
- Makes no express or implied warranties or representations of any kind regarding any of the information contained in the PPA Web Site,
- Assumes no liability of any kind for the content or accuracy of any information transmitted to or received by any individual or entity in connection with such individual or entity”s use of the PPA Web Site,
- Does not endorse or recommend in any way any such information,
- Cannot guarantee a timely response or any response at all and is not obliged to do so,
- Does not intend to give specific medical advice by answering these questions – specific medical advice should come from a person’s treating physician; hence, the information provided by PPA ASK THE EXPERTS is for informational purposes only.
In consideration of your accessing the PPA Web Site, you agree that:
- Under no circumstances shall the PPA be liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with, arising out of, or resulting from your use of the PPA Web Site, PPA Web Site services, including, but not limited to, the PPA Ask the Experts, or any information contained in the PPA Web Site and
- You will defend, indemnify, save and hold harmless the PPA, its Board of Directors, Officers, and Members, from and against all suits, claims, demands, causes of action, judgments, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses arising out of or resulting from your use of the PPA Web Site, PPA Web Site services, including, but not limited to, the PPA Ask the Experts, or any information contained therein.
Certain Sections of the PPA Site contain information on the Periodic Paralyses and methods of treatment. These sections provide information about treatments and products that may not be available in particular countries. In addition, trademarks used for certain products may differ in certain countries. Some of the products and treatments mentioned in this Site may be approved in certain countries or cleared by regulatory authorities for sale or use with different indications, dosages, and restrictions. No information on this Site is provided with the intention to give medical advice or instructions for the accurate use of treatments or products relating to the Periodic Paralyses.